Local Coordinating Board
The Miami-Dade County Transportation Disadvantaged Local Coordinating Board (LCB) identifies local service needs and provides information, advice, and direction to the Community Transportation Coordinator (CTC) on the coordination of services to be provided to the transportation disadvantaged through the Florida Coordinated Transportation System (FCTS).
- Assist with and approve the local CTC’s evaluation process
- Approve the local Transportation Disadvantaged (TD) Grievance Procedures
- Appoint members to the local TD Grievance Committee to serve a two-year term
- Hold an annual Public Hearing
- On an annual basis:
- Review and approve the By-Laws
- Review and approve the Annual Operating Report (AOR)
- Review and approve the Annual Expenditures Report (AER)
- Review and approve Coordination and Fare Agreements (CFA)
- Review and approve the Trip & Equipment Grant Rate Model
- Review and approve the initial Transportation Disadvantaged Service Plan (TDSP) and its annual updates
The LCB meets quarterly in March, June, September, and December. Meetings are held at 1:30 pm in the Citizens Independent Transportation Trust (CITT) 10th Floor Conference Room located in the Stephen P. Clark Center at 111 NW 1st Street, Miami, Florida.
- March 7
- June 6
- September 12
- December 12
Meeting dates above are subject to change. Click here to see current calendar.
- Chairperson - A local Elected Official appointed by the TPO Governing Board
- Florida Department of Transportation District VI
- Florida Department of Children and Families
- Miami-Dade County School Board
- Agency for Persons with Disabilities
- Florida Department of Veteran Affairs
- Florida Association for Community Action, Inc.
- Elderly over 60 Years Old
- Disabled Advocate
- Citizen Advocate
- Citizen Advocate/Transportation System User
- Children at Risk
- Alliance for Aging, Inc.
- Private for Profit Transportation Industry
- Florida Agency for Health Care Administration
- Easter Seals South Florida
- Local Medical Community/Local Health Department
The Miami-Dade County Transportation Disadvantaged LCB was established by the Florida Commission for the Transportation Disadvantaged (CTD). They are required to identify local service needs and provide information, advice, and direction to the local Community Transportation Coordinator (CTC) on the coordination of services to be provided to the transportation disadvantaged through the Florida Coordinated Transportation System (FCTS), as required by Chapter 427, Florida Statutes.
The CTD establishes the membership of the LCB, but in accordance with Section 427.0157, Florida Statutes, members of the Board are appointed by the Miami-Dade Transportation Planning Organization (Miami-Dade TPO), the designated official planning agency.
An elected official serving as Chairperson, or any other governmental employee who is not employed for the purpose of making provisions for transportation, and is not directly supervised by the CTC is not precluded from serving as a voting member of the LCB. The membership shall be consistent with Rule 41-2.012, F.A.C.
Have questions? Email Jeannine Gaslonde or call 305-375-1739.
You are now leaving the official website of Miami-Dade County government. Please be aware that when you exit this site, you are no longer protected by our privacy or security policies. Miami-Dade County is not responsible for the content provided on linked sites. The provision of links to these external sites does not constitute an endorsement.
Please click 'OK' to be sent to the new site, or Click 'Cancel' to go back.