Unified Planning Work Program
The Unified Planning Work Program (UPWP) describes transportation planning priorities and activities managed by the Miami-Dade TPO. The program includes specific tasks for the TPO and our planning partners that will be performed every two years. Our current UPWP is being carried out from July 1, 2016 through June 30, 2018, and outlines the planning, projects, budget, and activities that support the comprehensive and multimodal transportation improvement program approved for Miami-Dade County.
Activities in the UPWP are completed in cooperation with various participating Miami-Dade County Departments, regional agencies, the Florida Department of Transportation and planning partners. This work is guided by policies of the State of Florida and the Miami-Dade TPO Governing Board.
Guidance from the Federal transportation agencies that support the program is also used as a significant element in the definition of planning projects. The UPWP includes a description of the planning work and resulting products, which agencies will perform the work, time frames for completing the work, the cost of the work, and the source of funds.
The Miami-Dade TPO successfully developed its FY 2019 and 2020 Unified Planning Work Program (UPWP). The final adopted document and the required approvals are included below:
SMART Moves Program
The Strategic Miami Area Rapid Transit (SMART) Plan intends to advance six rapid transit corridors, along with a network system of Bus Express Rapid Transit (BERT) service, in order to implement mass transit projects in Miami-Dade County. As part of this effort, the TPO collects ideas for the public and from municipal partner agencies to support the SMART including: transit improvements, bicycle, pedestrian, connections to improve your commute, self-driving vehicles and other projects to improve mobility, safety and access in our community.
The SMART Moves Program will be used by the TPO to prioritize and program planning studies in Miami-Dade County that will support the delivery of projects including complete streets, first/last mile connections, connected and autonomous vehicles, and other priority projects that enhance connectivity, accessibility and integration of the entire network. The SMART Moves Projects are included in the FY 2019 & 2020 UPWP under Element 5- Task 5.2 SMART Moves Program.
A complete list of the SMART Moves Projects scheduled for FY 2019 (between July 1, 2018 and June 30, 2019) are included below:
- City of Coral Gables Road Network Level of Stress Assessment
- Town of Cutler Bay Mobility Hubs Plan
- City of Doral/Trolley SMART Plan Coordination Study
- City of Miami Beach Convention Center Pedestrian, Bicycle and Transit Safety and Connectivity Project
- Town of Miami Lakes SMART Mobility and Future Technology Transportation Study
- Village of Palmetto Bay SMART Mobility Hubs and Transit Infrastructure Plan
- City of Sunny Isles Beach 174th Street Pedestrian Bridge Planning Study
- City of West Miami Citywide Traffic Study
- Citizen Request (various requests): Downtown Miami SMART Corridor Hub Traffic Circulation and Connectivity Study
To learn more about the Unified Planning Work Program please contact Lisa Colmenares, AICP at (305) 375-1738 or email@example.com.
Unified Planning Work Program PlansSelect Report:
FY 2017 and 2018 UPWP Updates
- Revision 7: Amendment Task 4.1 2045 LRTP FY 2018 Section 5305(d) Addition of Funds, December 20, 2017
- Revision 6: Amendment Tasks 1.3 TPO Program Support, 5.2 Call for Ideas, 5.5 GPC and Deletion of Four Studies, October 10, 2017
- Revision 5: Modification Tasks 6.3 and 6.4, December 3, 2017
- Revision 4: Modification Task 2.1 Transportation/Land Use, January 23, 2017
- Revision 3: Modification Tasks 1.3 MPO Program Support and 6.3 SERPM Transfer of $83,333 to FDOT District IV, February 6, 2017
- Revision 2: Modification Task 5.15 SMART Plan Funds Reconciliation with Work Program, December 7, 2016
- Revision 1: Amendment Task 5.15 SMART Plan Funds Addition, November 28, 2016
FYs 2015 and 2016 UPWP Updates
You are now leaving the official website of Miami-Dade County government. Please be aware that when you exit this site, you are no longer protected by our privacy or security policies. Miami-Dade County is not responsible for the content provided on linked sites. The provision of links to these external sites does not constitute an endorsement.
Please click 'OK' to be sent to the new site, or Click 'Cancel' to go back.