Transportation Planning Council
The Transportation Planning Council (TPC) is responsible for the overall technical adequacy of the Transportation Planning Organization’s planning program and advises the TPO Governing Board on the various proposed program actions. The TPC has ultimate responsibility for the technical adequacy of the various products that are transmitted to the TPO Governing Board for acceptance and adoption.
The TPC was created in 1978 by the TPO Governing Board to serve as their primary intergovernmental advisory body and to provide technical guidance with the support of its subcommittees.
The TPC relies on three standing committees concerned with major products of the transportation planning program. These committees are:
- Long Range Transportation Plan (LRTP) Steering Committee
- Transportation Improvement Program (TIP) Development Committee
- Transportation Planning Technical Advisory Committee (TPTAC)
- January 17
- February 13
- March 20
- April 10
- May 15
- June 12
- July 10
- No meeting in August
- September 18
- October 10 (Tuesday)
- November 27
- No meeting in December
Dates are subject to change. Click here to see current calendar.
The TPC is chaired by the TPO Executive Director and Council members are directors of county and municipal departments and agencies involved in the transportation planning process.
Agency - Member
- City of Hialeah - Jose Sanchez
- City of Homestead - Julio A. Brea
- City of Miami - Charles M. Alfaro
- City of Miami Beach - Jose R. Gonzalez
- City of Miami Gardens - Tom Ruiz
- City of North Miami - Theresa Therilus
- Florida Department of Transportation (FDOT) - Daniel Iglesias
- Miami-Dade Aviation Department - Ralph Cutie
- Miami-Dade County Public Schools (MDCPS) - Michelle M. Lopez
- Miami-Dade League of Cities - Chris Davis
- Miami-Dade Seaport Department - Hydi Webb
- Miami-Dade Transportation and Public Works Department - Eulois Cleckley
- Miami-Dade Transportation Planning Organization (TPO) - Wilson Fernandez, Chairperson
- Miami-Dade Regulatory and Economic Resources- Manny Armada
- Miami-Dade Water and Sewer - Roy Coley
- South Florida Regional Transportation Authority (SFRTA) - Loraine Kelly-Cargill
For additional information, please email Tawana Parker or call 305-375-1812.
You are now leaving the official website of Miami-Dade County government. Please be aware that when you exit this site, you are no longer protected by our privacy or security policies. Miami-Dade County is not responsible for the content provided on linked sites. The provision of links to these external sites does not constitute an endorsement.
Please click 'OK' to be sent to the new site, or Click 'Cancel' to go back.